Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yet Another Blog...

I have thought about the format of the blog for quite a while, and what it was that I would write about if I had one myself.  Of course it would be about what interests me, but I have fairly eclectic interests.  Who would be interested in reading a blog about climbing, building, training, ju jutsu, piano, and whatever was on my mind on any given day?  I have a friend with a very successful blog which serves real function for a considerable number of people.  It is focused, interesting, and well thought out.  I don't think that this blog will be like that.  In truth, I think that if I wrote a blog about any single thing then it would begin to feel like work.  My personality leads me to obsess about whatever it is I am doing at any given time, but that could be any number of things.

Today I came to a bit of a revelation about the whole thing.  Who is going to read my blog anyhow?  There may be a few now and again, but they will most likely be friends and family who may have an interest in what I am doing or thinking about, regardless of what it is.  Other than that, there are harder climbers who blog, better furniture builders, etc.  With this in mind I can write about whatever I want and enjoy the exercise.  I expect it will be a cathartic enterprise; what more can I ask from it?